Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tutorial: Square Envelopes

4x4 is a good size for cards and I tend to make them a lot! They're great for card sets and I love how neat and petite they look :-) But i definitely don't like the $$ I have to shell out to buy envelopes for them. For some strange reason, square envelopes are more expensive than regular C6 or DL size ones. And like that's not enough, I can never seem to find the smaller size ones (for 4x4 cards) easily! I had had enough with this issue, especially when I have to do pricing for my card sets. I can't justify spending more on my envelopes than I do on my cards! So I finally came up with a solution - turn regular size envelopes into square ones! Now, there might already be a hundred versions out there, but I was pretty proud of myself to have figured it out one afternoon :-)
I was so pleased with the result that I had to share it here with you. So I went on and made a picture tutorial.


I'm quite sure I've made at least one other person squeal with delight at this idea :-)

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Tee said...

super super super!! This is how its done!! once you know it, its a piece of cake!
Thank you so so much for sharing this! :)

Divya Rao said...

You're very welcome Tejal :)